The Weatherford Animal Services division strives to improve the bonds between humans and their animals through effective outreach and customer service.
- Believes every animal deserves to have its “Five Freedoms”: Freedom from Hunger and Thirst; Freedom from Discomfort; Freedom from Pain, Injury, and Disease; Freedom to express Normal Behavior; and Freedom from Fear and Distress.
- Proactively working with the community and region to foster safe, healthy, and caring relationships between people and animals in our community.
- Aggressively working towards eliminating animal cruelty and animal overpopulation.
- Oversees the enforcement of animal related city, state, and federal codes. Responds to animal control calls for service, prevents bites when possible, and conducts investigations.
- Builds a responsible pet community and improves the animal culture between humans and their animals.
All adoptions from the our Shelter will include:
- Spay or Neuter
- Rabies vaccination
- Other core vaccinations
View our Pets at the Shelter
Note About Adoptable Pets
Please do not be discouraged if you see an animal on the website and learn that he/she has already been adopted. We are happy that he/she found a new home! There may be another one you will like just as much!
We are unable to guarantee that specific animals shown will still be available.
Please remember new animals become available for adoption everyday so please visit regularly until you find your perfect pet!
We are unable to hold animals by phone, fax or email. All adoptions are first come, first serve.
Fees and GuidelinesThe current fee schedule was adopted by the Weatherford City Council and became effective October 10, 2017.
Additional InformationYou may visit the shelter in person at 403 Hickory Lane or call 817-598-4111 to inquire about any animal. We know your time is valuable.
The mission of the Weatherford Parker Animal Shelter (WPCAS) is to improve the bonds between humans and their animals through effective outreach and exceptional customer service to our community.
We encourage the active involvement of volunteers at all levels of our agency. Volunteers work in partnership with staff to improve the bonds between humans and animals, increase the number of animals with loving homes, keep the community safe, and offer a municipal service of excellence to our community. Our volunteer family is part of what makes our shelter GREAT!
Check out our volunteer page for more info!
Make a Donation or Monetary Contribution Donations to the Weatherford Parker County Animal Shelter (WPCAS) help provide for the “extras” that allow the shelter staff and volunteers to make the animal's time in the shelter as pleasant as possible. Whether it’s a soft bed, a tasty treat, natural disaster or building improvements, your donation makes a homeless animal’s life a little easier. All donations are tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law and your generosity is greatly appreciated!
Contributions are accepted in the form of cash, check or money order made payable to the Weatherford Parker County Animal Shelter.
Weatherford/Parker County Animal Shelter
403 Hickory Lane
Weatherford, TX 76086
or to donate through PayPal you may click on the following link:
Animal Care ItemsFor those who would like to help but don't have the time or energy to work with the animals, the Shelter is always in need of donations. Donations can be brought directly to the shelter.
- Dog and cat food
- Kitty litter
- Trash bags
- Laundry detergent and bleach
- Original Dawn Dish Soap
- Pet toys
- Puzzle feeders
- Collars and leashes