Spring 2022 Blastball - REGISTER NOW
Blastball is the time-honored sport of running to honking bases, learning fundamentals of t-ball, making friends and having a great time. Participants learn the concepts of throwing, batting and teamwork.
- Registration is from February 1 through March 18
- Register online, by phone 817-598-4124 or in person at the Parks and Recreation Office.
- Residents: $45/Participant
- Non-Residents: $55/Participant
- Proof of residency is required with a Driver's License AND a City of Weatherford Utility bill with matching addresses.
- T-shirts and trophies are included in registration cost
- Practices begin the week of March 28th - April 6th (Mon, Tue & Wed.)
- Games begin April 11 at Holland Lake Sports Complex. Teams will have two weeks of practice before games start. Once games start there will be no more practices. Games are 30 - 45 minutes long or a total of 3 innings, which ever comes first, and are held on Mondays for 4 weeks. Call the rainout line (817-598-4151) on inclement weather days for cancellations. Check back to www.teamsideline.com/weatherford for makeup dates.
- Volunteer to coach! No experience necessary! Organize practices, pass out team shirts and keep parents informed. This is a program that is volunteer based and parents are encouraged to participate.
Basic Rules & General Information
- Ages 3-4 (boys and girls)
- 2 coaches per team - Volunteer to coach!
- 30 - 45 minute games on Mondays for 4 weeks. Call the rainout line (817-598-4151) on inclement weather days for cancellations. Check teamsideline for makeup dates.
- Teach fundamentals of hitting, throwing, and fielding while emphasizing the importance of teamwork and sportsmanship
- No score keeping - Remember to emphasize teamwork, sportsmanship and fun!
- Practices are held at Holland Lake Sports Complex on Mondays or Wednesdays at 6:00, 6:30, 7:00 or 7:30 pm. Coaches get to choose the time and day for practice. Practice times are first come first serve.
- Teams hit entire line-up each inning
- Please wear team shirts to all games (shirts are provided with registration)
- Athletic shoes required (cleats optional)
- Player may use a baseball/softball glove but isn't required
- Weatherford Parks and Recreation provides all playing equipment (except gloves). Coaches are responsible for care and upkeep of equipment during practice times.
- Batter is allowed four tries to hit ball, fifth try may be assisted
- Ball hit to infield, runner(s) advance one base
- Ball hit to outfield, runner(s) advance two bases
- Players play different positions each inning