Spring 2023 Blastball - REGISTER NOW
Blastball is the time-honored sport of running to honking bases, learning fundamentals of t-ball, making friends and having a great time. Participants learn the concepts of throwing, batting and teamwork.
- Registration is from January 30 through March 17
- Register online, by phone 817-598-4124 or in person at the Parks and Recreation Office.
- Residents: $45/Participant
- Non-Residents: $55/Participant
- Proof of residency is required with a Driver's License AND a City of Weatherford Utility bill with matching addresses.
- T-shirts and trophies are included in registration cost
- Practices begin the week of March 27th (Mon & Tues.)
- Games are April 10, 17 & 24, May 1 at Holland Lake Sports Complex. Teams will have two weeks of practice before games start. Once games start there will be no more practices. Games are 30 - 45 minutes long or a total of 3 innings, which ever comes first, and are held on Mondays for 4 weeks. Call the rainout line (817-598-4151) on inclement weather days for cancellations.
- Volunteer to coach! No experience necessary! Organize practices, pass out team shirts and keep parents informed. This is a program that is volunteer based and parents are encouraged to participate.
Basic Rules & General Information
- Ages 3-4 (boys and girls)
- 2 coaches per team - Volunteer to coach!
- 30 - 45 minute games on Mondays for 4 weeks. Call the rainout line (817-598-4151) on inclement weather days for cancellations. Check teamsideline for makeup dates.
- Teach fundamentals of hitting, throwing, and fielding while emphasizing the importance of teamwork and sportsmanship
- No score keeping - Remember to emphasize teamwork, sportsmanship and fun!
- Practices are held at Holland Lake Sports Complex on Mondays or Wednesdays at 6:00, 6:30, 7:00 or 7:30 pm. Coaches get to choose the time and day for practice. Practice times are first come first serve.
- Teams hit entire line-up each inning
- Please wear team shirts to all games (shirts are provided with registration)
- Athletic shoes required (cleats optional)
- Player may use a baseball/softball glove but isn't required
- Weatherford Parks and Recreation provides all playing equipment (except gloves). Coaches are responsible for care and upkeep of equipment during practice times.
- Batter is allowed four tries to hit ball, fifth try may be assisted
- Ball hit to infield, runner(s) advance one base
- Ball hit to outfield, runner(s) advance two bases
- Players play different positions each inning