- Utility Billing
NEW UTILITY ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT PORTAL
We are excited to begin the process of launching our new digital online payment system for utility customers. Our financial bill pay system is brand new and improved, meaning it is more efficient, more secure and more integrated with modern financial procedures. We appreciate customer patience as we transition to the new system and look forward to enhancing how utility bills can be paid. Below is important information, all customers will need to know:
The new portal will give you:
- Access to manage your utility account such as change address and phone numbers
- View bills and usage and manage payment information. This will include one-time credit card payments, recurring credit card payments and eCheck payments.
- Apply for transfer or stop services
You can follow along with the instructional video below or follow these easy step-by step instructions or contact us if you have any questions or need assistance at (817) 598-4225. CUSTOMER NUMBER AND ACCOUNT NUMBER WILL BE MAILED TO ALL CUSTOMERS.
SIGN UP, TRANSFER, OR DISCONNECT UTILITY SERVICES
If you'd like to Sign Up for new services, Transfer services, or Disconnect existing services follow this easy step-by-step guide.
REQUIREMENTS TO SIGN UP/TRANSFER OR DISCONNECT SERVICE
**Applications for services are processed next business day. Service connections/disconnections are made Monday through Thursday between 7:30am and 5:00pm**
- Renting Application Requirements
- Signed lease by all tenants, owner/representative
- All tenants on lease must be on application
- Copy of Driver's License if out of state
- Letter of credit (optional) to waive deposit
- Disconnect Service Request Requirements
- Drivers License or Tax ID needs to match what is on file
- The forwarding address must be provided to process
- Commercial Application Requirements
- Applications require owner or local manager listed as additional applicant
- If commercial property first must obtain ROR from permitting. Once approved you can apply for services
- Attach Certificate of Occupancy (optional)
UTILITY USAGE PORTAL
This utility usage portal is a user-friendly dashboard to show detailed information about your electric and water usage such as:
- Billing Cycle Usage
- Billing Cycle Data
- Billing Threshold
- Custom Alerts & Notifications
Before getting started:
- Make sure you have your utility bill for reference – you will need to know your five digit customer ID number
- The attached user guide contains more details of how to set up and use the usage portal.
The Utility Billing Department is responsible for establishing and maintaining all residential and commercial utility customer inquiries regarding new construction, connection, disconnection and transfer of utility services. It is our goal to contribute to the overall quality of life for Weatherford residents and contribute to our vibrant community. We ensure accurate and timely reading of meters, management of billing accounts and maintain financial records for the City of Weatherford utilities.
RELEASE (DISCLOSURE) OF INFORMATION
NOTICE OF RIGHT TO REQUEST RELEASE (DISCLOSURE) OF INFORMATION
Texas Utilities Code Chapter 182, Subchapter B, provides that as a customer of a government-operated utility, you have the right to request release (disclosure) of the following information in your City of Weatherford utility customer account records:
- Your address
- Your telephone number
- Your Social Security number
- Any information relating to the volume or units of your utility usage or the amount billed to or collected from you for your utility usage
If you do not wish to request release (disclosure) of your utilities account information, you do not need to take any action. Please be advised, however, that, by law, your utilities account information remains subject to release (disclosure) by the City to the following regardless of whether you have provided the City with a written request for release (disclosure):
- An official or employee of the state, a political subdivision of the state, or the United States acting in an official capacity
- An employee of a utility acting in connection with the employee’s duties
- A consumer reporting agency
- A contractor or subcontractor approved by and providing services to the utility, the state, a political subdivision of the state, or the United States
- A person for whom you have contractually waived confidentiality for personal information
Another entity that provides, water, wastewater, sewer, gas, garbage, electricity or drainage service for compensation
If you do wish to request release (disclose) your utilities account information, please complete the release (disclosure) form and return it by email, mail, or hand delivery to City of Weatherford, Utility Billing Department, 303 Palo Pinto Street, Weatherford, TX 76086.
Garbage Can Liners
- Effective 2021 - The City no longer furnishes free plastic liners.
- Effective January 1, 2021, can liners/trash bags can be purchased at the City Hall Utility Billing Desks and are $6 per roll of 50. Liner sales are limited to City of Weatherford garbage customers.