The Utility Billing Department is responsible for establishing and maintaining all residential and commercial utility customer inquiries regarding new construction, connection, disconnection and transfer of utility services. It is our goal to contribute to the overall quality of life for Weatherford residents and contribute to our vibrant community. We ensure accurate and timely reading of meters, management of billing accounts and maintain financial records for the City of Weatherford utilities.
Release (Disclosure) of Information
NOTICE OF RIGHT TO REQUEST RELEASE (DISCLOSURE) OF INFORMATION
Texas Utilities Code Chapter 182, Subchapter B, provides that as a customer of a government-operated utility, you have the right to request release (disclosure) of the following information in your City of Weatherford utility customer account records:
- Your address
- Your telephone number
- Your Social Security number
- Any information relating to the volume or units of your utility usage or the amount billed to or collected from you for your utility usage
If you do not wish to request release (disclosure) of your utilities account information, you do not need to take any action. Please be advised, however, that, by law, your utilities account information remains subject to release (disclosure) by the City to the following regardless of whether you have provided the City with a written request for release (disclosure):
- An official or employee of the state, a political subdivision of the state, or the United States acting in an official capacity
- An employee of a utility acting in connection with the employee’s duties
- A consumer reporting agency
- A contractor or subcontractor approved by and providing services to the utility, the state, a political subdivision of the state, or the United States
- A person for whom you have contractually waived confidentiality for personal information
Another entity that provides, water, wastewater, sewer, gas, garbage, electricity or drainage service for compensation
If you do wish to request release (disclose) your utilities account information, please complete the release (disclosure) form and return it by email, mail, or hand delivery to City of Weatherford, Utility Billing Department, 303 Palo Pinto Street, Weatherford, TX 76086.
Garbage Can Liners
- Effective 2021 - The City no longer furnishes free plastic liners.
- Effective January 1, 2021, can liners/trash bags can be purchased at the City Hall Utility Billing Desks and are $6 per roll of 50. Liner sales are limited to City of Weatherford garbage customers.