The 3rd Thursday of January, April, July and October at 5:30 p.m.
Location rotates between various City Facilities. Please consult the agenda for the location.
Powers & Duties
- Serve in an advisory capacity to the city council in all matters relating to transportation;
- Encourage, promote and participate in the development of the programs and processes which will bring solutions to the transportation problems in the city;
- Receive and consider information of a transportation related nature from citizens concerning exceptional situations requiring solutions not covered by standard process or practice;
- Make recommendations to the city council on the implementation of corrective action on matters of traffic safety and traffic congestion;
- Appoint such citizens, as may be deemed necessary, as nonvoting members, to assist in accomplishing programs and studies of the board;
- Research, develop and recommend coordinated traffic safety programs;
- Hold public hearings on specific traffic and safety problems and make studies and recommendations as an advisory board;
- Study and make recommendations to the city council for the improvement and expansion of the city's comprehensive thoroughfare component of the currently adopted Comprehensive (Master) Plan; and
- Perform other tasks as may be requested from time to time by the city council.
Chad Marbut, Director of Public Works