Zoning Board of Adjustment
Usual Meeting Dates & Times
As needed. The 1st Thursday of each month at 4:00 p.m.
Council Chambers, Weatherford City Hall, 303 Palo Pinto Street
Powers & Duties
- Hear and decide an appeal that alleges error in an order, requirement, decision, or determination made by an administrative official in the enforcement of the Local Government Code, Ch. 211, subch. A., general zoning regulations, or an ordinance adopted by the city council pursuant to same;
- Hear and decide special exceptions to the terms of a zoning ordinance;
- Authorize in specific cases a variance from the terms of a zoning ordinance if the variance is not contrary to the public interest and, due to special conditions, a literal enforcement of the ordinance would result in unnecessary hardship, and so that the spirit of the ordinance is observed and substantial justice is done; and
- Hear and decide other matters authorized by an ordinance adopted under authority of the Local Government Code, ch. 211, municipal zoning authority, subchapter A, general zoning regulations.
- In exercising its authority, the board may reverse or affirm, in whole or in part, or modify the administrative official's order, requirement, decision, or determination from which an appeal is taken and make the correct order, requirement, decision, or determination, and for that purpose the board has the same authority as the administrative official. The concurring vote of 75 percent of the members of the board is necessary to: ◦Reverse an order, requirement, decision, or determination of an administrative official;
- Decide in favor of an applicant on a matter on which the board is required to pass under a zoning ordinance; or
- Authorize a variation from the terms of a zoning ordinance.
Kaleb Kentner, Director of Development and Neighborhood Services