Ride Along Program
Civilians wishing to ride with an officer of the City of Weatherford must meet the following requirements:
- Generally, ride-along and job observation requests will be maintained and scheduled by the Patrol Commander.
- The applicant will complete and sign a ride-along or job observation waiver form. If the applicant is under 18 years of age, a parent or guardian must be present to complete the waiver form. Information requested will include a valid state-issued identification card or driver's license, date of birth, address and telephone number.
- All ride-along applicants are subject to a criminal history check via the Texas Law Enforcement Telecommunication System (TLETS).
- The Patrol Commander or Shift Sergeant will schedule a date, based on availability, generally one week after the date of application.
- Once approved, ride-along applicants will be allowed to participate no more than once every six months.
- Normally, no more than one ride-along participant will be allowed in department vehicles at a given time.
- Appropriate dress must be worn while riding with a police officer. Sandals, t-shirts, tank tops, shorts, and ripped or torn pants are not permitted. Hats and ball caps will not be worn without the express consent of the Shift Sergeant or Commander.
If you are interested in participating in a ride along, please contact Uniform Services Commander - Stewart Chalmers at 817-598-4317 for more information and to schedule a ride.
Thank you for wanting to learn and observe the law enforcement profession!