General Energy Saving Tips
Energy Saving Tips
- Before leaving for extended periods of time, put indoor and outdoor lights on timers.
- Use ceiling fans in occupied rooms to feel cooler. Be sure to turn fans off when those areas are not occupied.
- Close blinds to keep out sun and reduce heat gain.
- Turn off computers at the end of the day.
- Unplug wireless and cell phone chargers when not in use.
- Only use washing machine, dryer, and dishwasher with full loads. Remember to clean the lint filter after each load.
- Plug air leaks around doors and windows and keep exterior doors closed as much as possible.
- Replace incandescent light bulbs with compact fluorescent bulbs and use dimmer switches when possible.
- Consider a programmable thermostat.
- Plant trees to shade your home. Call 811 before digging to avoid underground utility lines.
- Use light colors to reflect light and heat when painting/repainting the exterior of a house.