Due to State of Texas regulations, control burns are no longer allowed inside the City of Weatherford unless the property is zoned for agriculture. Below are the requirements that must be adhered to prior to burning:
1. Must be zoned agricultural
2. Burn pile can only be of brush or leaves…no construction material, plastics, etc.
3. The burn pile must be manageable and water must be available.
4. The burn pile must be inspected by the fire marshal’s office before permit issued.
5. The burn pile must not be within 200 feet of neighboring property.
6. All guidelines on the permit must be strictly adhered upon and full responsibility is incurred by the permit holder.
To obtain a burn permit contact the Fire Marshal at 817-598-4287.
If you live in the county, but are within Weatherford Fire Departments response area, and wish to obtain a burn permit please visit the Parker County website by clicking here.