BECOMING A WPD OFFICER
Weatherford is a strong, progressive community of more than 30,000 citizens just 30 miles west of Fort Worth. We enjoy a small town feel with big city amenities in a community that supports public safety like no other. The Weatherford Police Department is seeking team members committed to our mission to enrich our community through exceptional professionalism, collaboration, and commitment to proactive policing. At WPD, we value Justice, Accountability, Integrity, Teamwork, and Innovation. Our vision is to forge a path toward becoming the safest city in Texas and establishing ourselves as a leader within the law enforcement community; we will remain steadfast in our commitment to this agency, our employees, and our community by delivering servant leadership, advanced training and development, wellness initiatives, and state of the art facilities and equipment.
We select only the best applicants who represent the best fit in our community. We care more about who you are than what you’ve done. If you are a certified officer and think we are the right fit for you, we encourage you to apply. If you have no law enforcement experience or certification and you are up to the challenge, then we encourage you to apply. If hired, WPD will sponsor non-certified members to a local police academy where we will supply all necessary uniforms and equipment and you will earn full salary and benefits.
We encourage you to watch our videos and visit our Facebook page. If WPD looks like the right place for you to make a difference, go to Weatherford, TX Police Jobs - Entry Level | PoliceApp and enter your name & email address to receive immediate notification when the application process opens.
WPD is now accepting lateral applications. Find more information here and apply now! https://www.policeapp.com/Certified-Weatherford-TX-Police-Officer-Jobs/4728/
Lateral Testing Dates are scheduled for November 2-3 (you will only need to attend 1 date).
- Unmatched community support
- 12 hour shifts with every other weekend off
- Uniforms and equipment provided
- Focused on wellness initiatives
- Work out on duty
- College Tuition Reimbursement
- Incentive pay for advanced certifications
- TMRS and 457 Retirement Plans
- $64,743.31 per year upon completion of academy or /TCOLE certified
- Lateral pay increases available DOQ
- Street Crimes
- Marine Patrol
- School Resource Officer
- Community Services
- Crisis Negotiations
- Advanced Accident Investigation
- Honor Guard
- Must be a United States Citizen
- Must be 21 years of age at the time of licensing
- Must possess a High School Diploma or GED
- Must possess a valid driver's license. If out-of-state, must be able to obtain a Texas Driver's License in a specified time after appointment.
- General good health, normal hearing/vision and free of color blindness.
- Must successfully pass the police testing process
AUTOMATIC DISQUALIFICATION LIST
The following are absolute disqualifiers for employment as a sworn officer:
- Conviction of any felony
- Conviction of a Class A Misdemeanor
- Conviction of a Class B Misdemeanor in the last 10 years
- Conviction of any Family Violence Offense
- Dishonorable discharge from military
If you can answer YES to any of the above questions you are not eligible to be a police officer with the Weatherford Police Department.
You will be required to score a minimum of 70% on a row test. Practice and become familiar with the 2000m Row on a Concept2 Rower. Below are some helpful links
- Concept 2 Rower Evaluation and Rowing Workouts | Department of Public Safety (texas.gov).
- DPS Concept 2 Rower Calculator (texas.gov) (Allows you to calculate your target time based on your age and weight)
- (Optional Exam Study Guide) https://iosolutions.com/ncjosi2-preparation-materials/