- Sanitation Division
- Curbside Recycling
The City of Weatherford appreciates your interest in recycling. Our voluntary curbside recycling program allows Weatherford residents to conveniently recycle a large variety of household materials.
- Recycling will be collected on one of your regular collection days. Recyclable materials should be placed loosely inside of your recycling container and placed by the curb in accordance with the same rules and regulations as your current twice a week bagged collection service. Your actual collection day schedule will be attached to your cart when it is delivered to your home. Collection map.
- Alternative curbside collections are available to disabled residents. You must provide proof of disability from your physician. Smaller carts may be available for disabled residents.
- We have lists below for accepted/not accepted items as well as this attachment that shows what the facilities accept.
- Christmas trees should be added to brush pick up stacks after Christmas (make sure to have your brush collection out by Monday at 7 am the week of your collection to ensure pick up).
- Empty plastic jugs, empty plastic bottles, clean plastic tubs, shredded paper, empty wax-coated paper containers and juice boxes, phone books, mail, mixed paper, catalogs, magazines, newspapers and inserts, take out pizza boxes, empty glass jars and bottles, clean metal food cans, empty aluminum cans, clean aluminum foil wrap and pans, aerosol cans, plastic bags, corrugated cardboard (flattened), boxboard, cereal boxes, frozen food boxes, pots, and pans.
Items Not Accepted
- Styrofoam containers, Styrofoam peanuts (packing peanuts), water/garden hoses, batteries, electronics, hazardous or toxic product containers, flower pots, plastic toys, frozen food bags, clothes hangers (plastic or metal), ceramic dishes, light bulbs, drinking glasses and other glassware, food and wet waste, food contaminated paper plates and napkins, chip bags.
- There is a non-refundable one-time cart fee of $ 10.00 plus sales tax. If the cart is lost, damaged or stolen you will be charged another $10.00 cart fee plus sales tax.
- The cart fee will be waived for citizens age 65 and over. Proof must be presented to Customer Service.
- Participants agree to participate in the program for an initial period of 12 months. On the 13th month, customers may cancel their service at anytime. While participating in the program, customers will be billed $4.50 per month plus sales tax on their regular utility bill.
Recycling Cart Storage
- Participants agree to store their cart in a location that is not visible from the public street.
- Residents who are interested in participating in the voluntary recycling program must submit an application via email to email@example.com, or in person to the Utility Billing department at 303 Palo Pinto St.
Extras- Types of Plastics Recycled and Why:
We currently collected recycling and take items to a facility in Tarrant County. The system that we are currently a part of is a single-stream recycling collection process. Meaning all of our recyclables go in together. Once materials are at the facility they sort out materials and sell them to different commodities to be recycled and reused. Since 2017, China decided to stop accepted our recycling due to the amount of contamination we have from our trash and lack of cleaning out plastics before they go in the recycling bins. The US is working to build up its own process and industry but right now materials don't go for as much as they used to - meaning it typically costs us to recycle right now. Usually, the items 1-2 are easier to recycle and come through cleaner although if 3-4 are cleaning - separated lids from bottles, etc. they are often accepted. Items 5-7 can be is they are separated and cleaned
- Sanitation Department