What We Do
The City Secretary is an officer of the City of Weatherford. The position of City Secretary is a statutory position required by State law and the City Charter. This office oversees the preparation of the agendas and minutes for the Weatherford City Council, and all Council-appointed boards, commissions, and committees.
The City Secretary's responsibilities include the following:
- Prepares all agendas and minutes for the Weatherford City Council, the Planning and Zoning Commission, the Building and Standards Commission, and the Zoning Board of Adjustments.
- Oversees the preparation of agendas and minutes for all other Council-appointed boards, commissions, and committees.
- Prepares proclamations for the Mayor.
- Promotes transparency in receiving, managing, and producing documents in response to Public Information Requests.
- Serves as Records Management Officer for the City of Weatherford.
- Contracts with Parker County Elections for all City elections.
- Manages service records and data for over 70 board, commission, and/or committee members, including the issuance of Oaths of Office and compliance with Open Government training offered by the office of the Texas Attorney General.
- Ensures compliance of key staff members with the Open Government training.
- Certifies TABC applications and issues City alcohol permits for establishments inside the city limits of Weatherford.
- Receives calls and provides information regarding City Greenwood Cemetery.
- Receives, notarizes, and retains original animal noise nuisance complaints on behalf of the Weatherford Parker County Animal Shelter.