A peddler is a person who goes from place to place within the corporate limits of the City of Weatherford, Texas, in order to sell, offer for sale or to solicit orders for goods or services of any kind.
- Driver's License
- Completed Permit Application
- Background Check completed by the Weatherford Police Department
- $100 Permit fee and $10 for every additional Solicitor
- If peddler services require cash deposits or advance payments for future delivery of goods or for services to be performed in the future, a surety bond of $500 or more is required.
- Current Passport photos(2). The Photographs should be 2"x 2", showing the head and shoulders of the applicant in a clear and distinguishing manner, which shall have been taken within the preceding 60 days before filing the application.
- Proof of valid auto insurance
- Permit is good for 365 days from the issue date.
- Peddler must have permit on them at all times and be able to present it when requested.
- No hard sales will be tolerated.
- If you are asked to leave you must leave.
- No elderly abuse.
- No peddler may operate within the city between the hours of 7 p.m. and 9 a.m. Monday through Saturday or anytime on Sunday, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, or New Year's Day.
- Orange or Yellow reflective safety vest are to be worn at all times.
- The vehicle used must post a sign in plain view identifying the name of solicitor or company. Lettering must be at least 4 inches high.
Violations of any of the above may result in a revoked permit.
Peddler permits are limited to the activities for which such permit is issued, and one type of permit does not allow the holder thereof to conduct any activity which would otherwise require another type of permit.
The issuance of a permit here under does not relieve any person from the requirements of any other provision of state or local law relating to or regulating the business activity proposed to be conducted by the person obtaining the permit.
Permits can be obtained at the Weatherford Police Department, Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Permit processing will not be complete same day as application.
Please contact the Weatherford Police Department Records Office at 817-598-4310.