City Manager Duties
Date of Appointment
- The City of Weatherford operates under the Council-Manager form of government.
- Under this system, the City Council appoints the City Manager, who acts as the chief executive officer of the City.
- The City Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operation of all city departments.
- The City Manager enforces policy and administers city programs.
- One Assistant City Manager reports directly to the City Manager.
- The City Attorney, Municipal Court Judges and Health Officer are appointed by and responsible to the City Council.
- All other officials and department directors are hired by and responsible to the City Manager.
James Hotopp became City Manager on December 14, 2019.